This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

String error - not found in string table

3 replies to this topic

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 18:06

I am testing a v6.5 IS setup from CD on a Win XP Pro laptop. The product has never been installed before on this machine. I get a script error "String error - string-name-here not found in string table".
When I go to the IDE for the project, the string resource is there in the English string table. Why would it then be missing during a setup?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:35

Try using this InstallShield Knowledge Base article to remotely debug the setup on that test machine.
user posted image

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 15:46

I printed the knowledge base article and will follow up on this. Will investigate this in a couple of days (another project was just given to me to work on now). Never. ever saw this error before. Thought maybe a brand new build into a new directory may resolve it. How can I do a fresh rebuild into the existing directory?

ps. I am using IS 6.3, not 6.5 as stated earlier.

Edited by Blackdog, 04 January 2007 - 15:46.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 15:40

Well you can choose Rebuild All from the IDE to fully refresh the setup.

However, this may be a side effect of you other issue with insufficient privileges.
user posted image