This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield 12 SP2 - Error: 6489

2 replies to this topic

tdgebbie

tdgebbie
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 17:52

I am getting the following error: Unable to set Installer Class because the Component XAssembly.Ftv.dll is configured to install to the Global Assembly Cache. I go to Macrovision help and get this:

ERRDOC: Build Error -6489
Document ID: Q110222
Last Revised On: Thursday, July 29, 2004

This article applies to the following:
Product(s):
InstallShield X Express
Express 5.x

Project Type: Windows Installer

Symptoms
When you are building an InstallShield Express project, the following error may occur:

Error -6489: Unable to set Installer Class because the Component [1] is configured to install to the Global Assembly Cache.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
Information about the cause of this build error will be documented in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
A resolution for this build error will be documented in the future. For general information on this error, you can consult the Help Library in InstallShield Express. For additional assistance in diagnosing the cause of this error, you can contact Product Support or consult the InstallShield Communities.

References
This error is briefly documented in the InstallShield Help Library topic Troubleshooting Build Errors and Warnings.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 18:26

I'm not very familiar with installer class custom actions. Maybe GAC assemblies can't be used as installer class? Try a private assembly instead.

tdgebbie

tdgebbie
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 19:14

This issue was that I had an incorrect setting with the component. If you are installing an .NET Assembly to the GAC you must have the .NET Installer Class set to NO, if it set to Yes you will get the error -6489