This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to create minor upgrade with IS 11.5

4 replies to this topic

michaelshiloh

michaelshiloh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:18

Hi,

I can't figure out how to create a minor upgrade using IS 11.5. I tried modifying only the second section of my version number (5.3.5 to 5.4) hoping that this would cause the upgrade to be recognized as a minor upgrade, but when I install my version 5.4 where a previous 5.3.5 version was installed, it first removes the previous version.

I don't want to remove the previous version. As a minor upgrade, I want it to install on top of the previous version.

How do I make this happen?

Thanks,
Michael

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 17:48

I suspect you are using MSI?

michaelshiloh

michaelshiloh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 17:55

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2006-02-21 17:48)
I suspect you are using MSI?

I didn't think so. How would I know this? The project property "Type" field says "InstallScript Project".

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 18:15

You can see the project type in the title bar of the InstallShield IDE.

I suspected you are using Windows Installer (MSI) because "Major Upgrade" and "Minor Upgrade" are MSI terms. I don't think something similar exists in (pure) InstallScript projects (without MSI).

In a InstallScript project you find the relevant settings in General Information > Project Properties > Update Mode and on the Update panel of the Release wizard.

michaelshiloh

michaelshiloh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 19:26

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2006-02-21 18:15)
In a InstallScript project you find the relevant settings in General Information > Project Properties > Update Mode and on the Update panel of the Release wizard.

Thanks. I changed the "Update Mode Supported" field in "Project Properties" to "Yes" and now have achieved what I want (I think). Thanks!

Edited by michaelshiloh, 21 February 2006 - 19:27.