This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launch a seperate install using an exe

2 replies to this topic

michellegray

michellegray
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 16:21

I have to launch an exe to run another installation before my installation installs anything. I have created a custom action with type 2 after making the appropriate entry in the binary table. After that I inserted the action into the ReadyToInstall dialog (to ensure it kicks off before anything is installed), but nothing seems to be happening. I have also tried to add it to the beginning of the Installation Execution Sequences.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I may be doing wrong (or what I'm not doing that I should?)?

Chris Beech

Chris Beech
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2001 - 12:14

Why don't you try creating a custom action and write a bit of InstallShield code to launch your .exe. It's much easier than it sounds. The comman you need is LaunchAppAndWait(). Put it around an if statement to ensure it runs correctly. Insert the custom action in the beginning of the execute sequence. (That way, it'll get run before anything is installed but wont be missed if the install is run in quiet mode). Drop me a line if you need anymore help