This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch completes successfully, but doesn't patch!

1 reply to this topic

smc0862

smc0862
  • Full Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:05

This one has me puzzled.

I am running a patch on a customer's system that has SP2 of our product to bring it up to SP3. The patch runs, goes through all the motions and completes successfully. On eximing the customer system after, it's still on SP2.

The patch log file does not show any errors what-so-ever. All the 'customer information' property values I would gather during the patch all appear correct. However, nothing seems to happen. The SP3 files do not get overwritten stating that the same version already exists. My SQL scripts do not execute. Nothing!!!

It's as if the SP3 patch information is never added to the existing MSI information on the customer's system and it's trying to apply SP2 again.

Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior? Is there something in the log file I can check to see if the SP3 patch information was successfully added to the existing package on the customer's system?

huh.gif

kirann_hegde

kirann_hegde
  • Full Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 14:49

Do you see any SELMGR errors? I have experienced this earlier and it just results in unpredictable results.

What is the install state of your features as per the windows installer log?