This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

[INSTALLDIR] has extra quote

2 replies to this topic

JeffPClark

JeffPClark
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 16:25

I have a custom action executable to perform regasm on all the files in the INSTALLDIR. The Executable is in the binary table, and works fine.

The custom actions table has the target field value as:
RegAsmAll "[INSTALLDIR]"

This SHOULD be the correct command line for the executable. The executable spits out a log file with the arguments and I get this:
RegAsmAll C:\Program Files\SCMFramework\"

As you will notice it has an extra Quote at the end of the second arguement. As a result my executable says it has an illeagal character in the path.

I actually tested leaving off the second quote in the target field as:
RegAsmAll "[INSTALLDIR]

And it works! However, I don't believe it should be working this way. The quotes should bound the path to take care of the space in the path name. I've even tried adding another parameter at the end to see if it had something to do with the last character of the target field, but it still failed.

Has anyone noticed this as a problem before?

Jeff Clark

Jeff Clark - MCSD BMWFS

Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:00

Yeah! I have experienced this. This is due to the trailing '\' in the INSTALLDIR directory variable. You can workaround that by loading INSTALLDIR in a different propertly and blowing the final '\'.

KapilMarwah

KapilMarwah
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 16:54

Use this: [\"][INSTALLDIR][\"]

i think this'll work

Kapil