This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Running cmd from a CA

4 replies to this topic

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 September 2001 - 16:00

Is there a way to hide the command window when you "run a CA to launch cmd.exe from the directory table"?  I run a few commands this way, and for each I see the command window....kind of ugly to see those black boxes during the install, wondering if there's a way to supress the window?  

thanks, kris

pdriley

pdriley
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 September 2001 - 16:06

I doubt it, but with some clever use of a PIF file, could you not get it to appear minimized at least?

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 September 2001 - 09:13

Kris,
        The solution to your problem is on this very site...
http://www.installsi...nchAppEx<p>This is the URL to the HideAppAndWait download (.rul)  An InstallScript function which launches command Line arguments without the ugly box.  It behaves exactly like the LaunchAppAndWait built-in InstallScript function.

Just add the definitions and code to your script and your away

Hope This Helps,
Dave.

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 22:31

Thanks, Dave...I launch 2 .bat files and using this technique would get rid of those ugly command boxes.  But I also launch 4 commands running a CA to launch cmd.exe from the directory table....which this wouldn't apply to.  

Also, I try running this _LaunchAppEx to run my 2 .bat files and it doesn't appear to be running them......are there any known problems running .bat files with it?

kris