This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Connect to Remote WebServer

2 replies to this topic

yoja

yoja
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:47

hi all

i wanted to know whether we can deploy foll. app with

'InstallShield for visual c++ 6'

PLAN A

Installation will connect to a website for validation of User Details....
On correct validation it will continue
else will halt

PLAN B

Using other app to do all this hoopla and let the installation wait till this app finishes is done
litle birdie told me abt LaunchAppAndWait() but this is not avail in IS for VC6

any help??? unsure.gif

thanks
yoja

P.S - do i hear someone saying PLAN C?? sad.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:39

The only function to call external code in your edition is CallDllFx or something like that, I don't recall exactly.

Plan C: I would not recommend starting a new install project with a (seven ears or so) old product. You are using a restricted version of InstallShield Professional 5 that was released about at the same time as Windows 95. The current version is 10.5 and (hopefully) you are not developing on Windows 95 wink.gif
If you can't afford the full 10.5 version, look into Visual Studio Installer, a free download from Microsoft for VS6 users, which generates Windows Installer (MSI) setups. Not really up to date but at least a bit more recent tool and a newer technology.

yoja

yoja
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 06:30

You are using a restricted version of InstallShield Professional 5 that was released about at the same time as Windows 95.

well thats the version we've got :-(

no i m not developing in WIN95 mad.gif

he he

thanks

looks like i m doomed
or study VS Installer

thanks for the reply