This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

"Another version ... is already installed"

1 reply to this topic

belfast-mark

belfast-mark
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 14:01

I'm new to Installshield Express 2008, but I cant figure this one out.

Last month I made an install package
product version 1.00.0016
product code {0ABBB43D-9E96-4709-807E-CDCFA258F39A}
upgrade code {3C0EDEFB-12F7-40B1-AAAA-BAAE5ACC60E4}

This month I have made some changes to my application exe, and increased its version from 1.0.0.16 to 1.1.0.0

I now want to rebuild my installer package, so that existing users will be given an option such as "Do you want to upgrade? yes/no". New users will be allowed to install the product completely, just like normal. How do i do this?

I tried changing the product version, but when i run this, it says "Another version of this product is already installed"... I've also tried changing the product code, but I get the same thing again.

Can anyone help?
thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:29

You need to add an entry under "previuos version" (not sure what it's called). This will automatically uninstall the previous version. Technically, this is a "major upgrade" and requires that you change the ProductCode and ProductVersion. The version needs to be incremented in any of the first three fields, because Windows Installer ignores the fourth field of the ProductVersion.