This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing a Browser Plugin from the Command Line

1 reply to this topic

Bryan Aho

Bryan Aho
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 01:54

Hello!

Has anyone ever had a need to install a Browser Plugin from the command line?  I have a Crystal Reports Viewer CAB file that I need to be installed with my client installation project.

The CAB file contains several dll's and an inf file.  The inf file, when right-clicked upon, displays an "INSTALL" popup menu option which installs the viewer.

Normally, this CAB file is referenced on an HTML page, and is automatically installed when the user browses to the page.  Some of our target machines may be locked down, so we need to get this installed during the installation (while we have administrative access to the machine).

Any help would be appreciated... thanks in advance.

--Bryan
Bryan Aho

Bryan Aho

Bryan Aho
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 23:27

Hello Everyone,

Issue solved!

I found that if I extract the CAB register all the DLLs and OCXs contained within, the plugin seems to install correctly.  This being the case, it was easy to incorporate the plugin into my installation project.
Bryan Aho