This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Always New Install

2 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 16:14

I installed my apps on click of setup.exe in one desktop and then I made changes in the code of the build and recombiled the same setup.exe. When I run the recomiled setup.exe again in the same machine, it is displaying a message box "This setup will perform an upgrade of "ICMS". Do you want to continue?". I need the recompiled setup.exe to work like an first install. How to do that?

thachthao

thachthao
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:10

Hi vijijs,

Try to set "Genegate Package Code" (in Media / Releases/ Product Configuration 1) with value = No

Good Luck!

Thach Thao.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 16:36

Don't do that! You always have to change the PackageCode!

In the Update settings you can specify that you don't want to display this question but instead perfom the update automatically. But if you really want the same behaviour as first time install, then change the ProductCode also, and add a Mjor Upgrade item in the upgrades view. This will uninstall the old version then perform a full install of the new version.