This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

cached msi files not deleting

2 replies to this topic

new2Installer

new2Installer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 15:22

The cached version of the msi files are not deleting after an uninstall, which is resulting
in several instances of the file building up in the Winnnt\Installer directory.

This does not happen on the machine I build the installers with - in other words when I
install from the Installshield IDE. It only happens on machines we install the actual product
onto for testing purposes.

Any one seen this before??

thanks

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 18:36

For an msi package a cache stored in the installer folder is common behaviour. I think this is how the technology itself is.

Can anybody help in explaining this as for why this is so?
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)

new2Installer

new2Installer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 18:46

But to my understanding, once you uninstall the product, the cached version is supposed to
be removed. In fact - if you have logging turned on, the log file specifically states that
the [nnnnn].msi file has been removed. But on my system, this file is not being removed.
Each time I (or another of our testers on their machines) installs and uninstalls, an msi is
left behind. This is resulting in a build-up of several of these files that I don't believe should
be there.