This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Dialog Bitmap

2 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 20:54

I have several custom dialogs which I exported from a project in ISWE 2.03, then imported into ISDev 7.0. I want the top "bitmap" on each dialog to look like the other standard dialogs. However, I can't seem to figure out how it is done.

In ISWE 2.03, I was able to export the bitmap used by the other dialogs, then add a bitmap control and reference this bitmap.
In ISDev 7.0. the standard dialogs seem to have two overlapping text boxes; the text value of one of them reads something like "@10550, 10551;1;0;;0,128,128"

I tried duplicating this, but it displays the literal text, not a bitmap. I can't use the bitmap I was using in the ISWE, because it is a different bitmap; besides the overall look, the dimensions appear to be different.

Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated...

Thanks,

widby

widby
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 21:45

Click on Dialogs, then select the 'English' section under the dialog you want to customize. You will see the dialog on the right. At the same time a new toolbar will appear at the top of the screen. The toolbar contains a bitmap button.

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 23:22

Thanks, but I don't think you understood the problem... I know how to add a bitmap to a dialog. What I needed was to get the bitmap used by all of the other "standard" dialogs...

As it turns out, I resolved this by doing the following:
1) I noticed that one of the choices for bitmap "type" when using the file dialog with the bitmap control was "*.IBD". I located a set of these files under "Program Files\InstallShield\DeveloperRedist\Language Independent\OS Independent"
2) I tried using "ISDialogBanner.ibd" directly. It did not work (-6118 error).
3) I renamed it to "IsDialogBanner.bmp" - I could display it in my 3rd party graphics editor, but still got the -6118 errors.
4) I resaved the file using my graphics editor (to a "standard" BMP graphics format). This solved my problem...

I am posting this info in case it is of use to others...