This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing Files after Build

1 reply to this topic

mikelo33

mikelo33
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 16:30

OK, here's what I need to do...

I have several directories which need to be installed, however the files within these directories are being developed on a constant basis.  So what I would like to do is create a build with the current set of files and give the distribution team the ability to change those files without me having to rebuild the install every time.

So what I did was create an 'AddOns' folder which is uncompressed on the CD, figuring files could be added/removed/updated any time.  This seemed to work fine until I changed one of the files.  Upon installation I got a CRC error stating the file had changed (when compared to the cab file) since the build.  

Is there any way around this, where I can allow the distribution team to manipulate the files in this folder at will??

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Mike

mikelo33

mikelo33
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 17:04

NEVERMIND!!

I figured it out...it can be done by editing the OnMD5Error function for anyone who needs to know.  

Sorry to take up your time!