This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Manoevring through Next, Back in a dialog

2 replies to this topic

Jayakumar

Jayakumar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 10:08

I have two dialogs created using the basic msi project dialog wizard.These are Dialog1 and Dialog 3
In between these two dialogs I display another dialog using the available dialogs in Sd functions in the setup.rul script. Let this be dialog2.
How do I manoevre between these three dialogs using the Back, Next and Cancel buttons in all of the three dialogs. i.e. Clicking next of Dialog1 should go to Dialog2. Clicking Back of Dialog2 should go to Dialog1 and clicking Next of Dialog2 should go to Dialog3 and clicking Back of Dialog3 should go to Dialog2.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 01:11

On the behaviour of the Next button of Dialog1, set the event to NewDialog, the argument to Dialog2.  You'll have to go through and set all the next and back buttons on all the dialogs with the same type of thing.

For the cancel button, the event is SpawnDialog, the argument is CancelSetup, condition is 1.

*Edit*  Sorry, I use ISWI 2.03, but I think it should be the same.

Leigh Ravenhall
Expert Information Services

BRY

BRY
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 11:35

Yep, that should work for you.

I use it all the time.

You need to put these into the "Event" section of the behavior screen.
If you ALWAYS want to go from dialog1 to dialog2 then the condition will be "1".

If you want to only go from dialog1 to dialog2 if something is true, but straight to dialog3 if it is false, then add two entries in the box.
Both "NewDialog" but one pointing to Dialog2 and one pointing to Dialog3

The conditions for these would be something like: "Item = 1" and "Item <> 1"
Bryan Dickson
[br]Senior Software Engineer
[br]Fugro-UDI Limited