This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installshield - stupid compile error

2 replies to this topic

riverwind

riverwind
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2001 - 16:23

I have a rather large installation program, and after having made some changes, I can't compile it anymore. I get the following error text, which seems rather stupid to me:

"Verify that all properties have valid integer values within the range of -32,768 to 32,767. Make sure all non-nullable (cannot be left empty) fields have valid values. This problem could be resulting when a string ID does not have a value for each supported language. In most cases, you will provide a value only for the default language while authoring your setup, therefore this error will result because the new ID will have blank values for the other languages. Check that you did not accidentally create empty rows in any tables while using Power Editor."

Have I missed something or? How do I track down this error. I've tried deleting new components and features, but that doesn't help at all. I havent's used the power editor, as the message insinuates.

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 04:56

hello... i remembered once i came across this problem b4.
i was adding a components to my project, and then i remove it.... Notice: i remove the file inside the components, but leaving the components (in File View) empty... and i got this problem....

try to check whether u had any empty components ??

Good Luck !!

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 18:15

Greetings,

I never got the error you are reporting but I have had builds just stop working before, with no real reason.  After debugging for days I just tried rebuiliding with a different product configuration name and release name.  It worked.

I have no idea why, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Kurt Schneider