DevStudio 9 is a suite that gives you the capabilities of both InstallShield Developer and InstallShield Professional, plus integration with Visual Studio .NET – together in one seamlessly integrated product.
New features include:
- Easily develop MSI, InstallScript, and smart device installs with just one development environment.
- Complete your installations faster with the new Project Assistant, which guides you through the installation-authoring process.
- Create installations within the Visual Studio .NET interface, distribute the .NET or .NET Compact Framework, and more using DevStudio’s full .NET integration and support.
- Create Web service installations, add a Web service to an existing project, and create the IIS virtual directories required.
- Build reliable patches and upgrades that can modify all aspects of a previously deployed package.
- Leverage over 70 third-party technologies for your installs, including Access, BDE, Crystal Reports, Jet, MDAC, MSDE, and much more.
- Easily modify existing dialogs or create new ones from scratch using the Visual Dialog Editor.
- Optionally store your project file in XML format.
- And much more!
InstallShield guarantees that your InstallShield Developer, InstallShield Professional 6 or 7, InstallShield Express, or InstallShield Windows Installer project will migrate to InstallShield DevStudio 9. And if it doesn't, they'll fix it at no cost.
As an introdutory offer, a $200/€200 mail-in rebate is available until November 30, 2003.