This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade Removes INI Entries

1 reply to this topic

mcollins

mcollins
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 23:22

Hello,

We're using a Developer 7.02 Standard project. In our first release, the install creates several entries in an INI file. The entries are created conditionally based on which features the user has installed. The entries are created via script in the 'Feature_Installed' events. Our second release requires us to use the major upgrade approach and it all appears to work correctly, with one exception - the INI entries are removed at the end of the setup.

The INI entries are required for backward compatibility with other systems we have released, so we can't simply replace them with corresponding registry entries. We have tried all kinds of approaches and the result is always the same. InstallShield support says it should work as is, but so far, no luck. I'm sure there must be some simple thing I've overlooked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mcollins

mcollins
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 04:45

I finally got word from InstallShield support on this issue. Apparently, any script-created INI entries and registry entries are removed after everything else during a major upgrade. This is slated to be fixed, but there was no indication of when.