This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

signature of isscript.msi

1 reply to this topic

neilg

neilg
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 17:51

Our install has been working fine at customer locations, but we ran across a problem yesterday on a new installation. When attempting the install, we got the following errors:

Here are the error/warningn messages:
- Warning: Unsigned script file (installer could continue after warning. Never saw this otherwise)
- Error: 1621 - Unable to verify signature of file isscript.msi
- Error: 1607 - Unable to iinstall Install Shield scripting runtime.

The installer suspects it could be a permissions thing (I don't know what accnt the user logged in as), but I have been unable to find any info supporting that. I did find information that you could have this problem if wintrust.dll isn't on the machine and we are still waiting to hear from the customer to verify that fact.

Is this problem familiar to anyone? Is there something we can change in our install to avoid this problem?

thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:24

To avoid corruption or tampering the iscript.msi file is digitally signed. It looks like either the signature is missing, or the file has been modified, or somthing on the target system is missing (wintrust.dll) that is required to verify the signature. I believe this check is performed by InstallShield's setup.exe. As a workaround don't use setup.exe. Instead double click isscript.msi.