This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ms xml2 file

4 replies to this topic

dan

dan
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2001 - 18:50

Hi Everyone,
In a recent install project I needed to include the msxml2.dll file as part of the project but during the self registration process I get the message that this file fails to register. Has anyone else had this experience? If so I would appreciate any input from anyone as this has been a headache for me in the last 24 hours.
Thanks in advance.

Torgui

Torgui
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2001 - 07:51

Two possibilities:
1. The MSXML2.DLL doesn't export the DllRegisterServer function, ie. it is not self-registrable
2. MSXML2.DLL requires some other components that are not available during self-registration phase

Have you tried manually selfregistering the DLL (ie. with the regsvr32.exe)?

dan

dan
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2001 - 17:12

Thanks Torgui for responding.
I realized that one of the possibilities was a missing file, as you mentioned in your response and after a long trial and error session I learned that this msxml2.dll file will not self register if  two other files,
msxml2a.dll and msxml2r.dll are not present on the target system . I included these two files with my setup as well. I hope this helps someone else out there.

mat t

mat t
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 13:19

microsoft do a redistributable install of the ms xml components which you could also use.
you would just have to call the install from within yours.
Mat t