This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional Prerequisites

1 reply to this topic

JoeM

JoeM
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 14:10

Hi,

I have an Basic MSI Project in Installshield 12. There are 2 features (call them A and cool.gif. I would like the following behaviour.

If feature A, and .NET framework not present or less than v2 then install .NET Framework 2.0 before installation.

If feature B, and .NET framework not present or less than v1.1 then install .NET Framework before installation.

I have looked at the prerequisites option (and the release wizard within Installshield) which appears to have similar behaviour. This works before the installation is started, and so can not be conditional on the features selected for installation.

My question is, is there a simple way to do this, without resorting to custom actions installing the .NET framework myself? and if so, what would that be?

Many Thanks

Joe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 22:05

Obviously, you can't install the framework *before* your setup if you want to make the decision *in* your setup. A custom action won't work. The framework interferes with Windows Installer and therefore cannot be installed from a MSI setup. One option would be your own exe that will ask the user, then install the appropriate framework, and finally launch your msi.