This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

URGENT: Disk1 contents from single exe

1 reply to this topic

honeybee

honeybee
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 13:30

Hello All,

I have a strange problem. I have a setup which has some files stored in the Disk1. However I want to have the flexibility of a single, self-extracting executable as well. Though I can build the setup to go into a single self-extracting executable, I have problems locating the files that I stored in Disk1.

Here are the details:

The files stored in Disk1 are a set of files (including two folders) that I need to call from within the installation. Since they have folders, I cannot put them in the Support Files section. So I had to choose Disk1. When I build the setup and I go to the Disk1 folder and run the Setup.exe from there, I can very well access these files. However when I run the single self-extracting executable, the script cannot access these files.

I could only get information about the PACKAGE_LOCATION which returns the location from where the single executable was run. However I cannot find out how I can use it to work out the path to my desired files.

Here's the folder hierarchy on Disk1:

MainFolder1
---- setup.exe
---- setup.ini
---- Folder1
---- Folder2

From within the script, when in Disk mode, I can easily use "MainFolder1\\Setup.exe" to call the file. However from within the single executable, I cannot seem to find the correct location where the files have been extracted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:22

I think your setup.exe etc. including all your Disk1 files will get extracted to a subfolder of the TEMP folder. That location is stored in SRCDIR.