This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Component Functions

4 replies to this topic

Darren Forsdike

Darren Forsdike
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 15:56

I am trying to start a new installation, and use areas of IS 6 that i have not used before, i have added in Component Functions a function that i wont to call when the component is installed. The problem is that the function is not being called and i do not understand why. The function is in a seperate .rul file but i have referenced the .rul file in  the main setup.rul. Has anybody any thoughts on what i have done wrong?

umbe2k1

umbe2k1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 17:12

in which way did you include the .rul file?
what kind of error did you retrieve?

bye- 2k1_experience

Darren Forsdike

Darren Forsdike
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 17:30

Unfortunatly i have not recieved any error the function within the rul file just does not get called, although i have referenced the function in component functions oninstalled event.

I referenced the rul file by putting
#include "qsaupdate.rul"
at the end of the rul file

Darren

umbe2k1

umbe2k1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 14:21

ok, but didn't you forger a .h file at the beginning of the main setup.rul script?
if not sincerely i don't know...i'm not a master in installshield...but if you have question you're welcome..

2k1

BugFarmer

BugFarmer
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 00:52

At the risk of oversimplifying, Did you add the function name to be called at the component level?  

I.e. On the component tab, hi-light the desired component and then at the botom of the property-value pane, add your function name...  It should work then...