This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Trying to install after complete installation??

1 reply to this topic

dewitt

dewitt
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 18:22

After a user installs the setup I created in DevStudio, they can use the installed program fine, but they're noticing other weird symptoms on their computer. When opening another program, the installation trys to run for the program my setup installed. I think the two programs share a common control as they were both written in Visual Basic, but I don't know what to change in my setup so the install doesn't try to run after the product is installed? Confusing--I know. Any ideas?

mh8368

mh8368
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 22:20

You need to make certain that you are not overwritting or deleting files that you install. It sounds like you have a sef-healing issue, where the msiexec is detecting a missing or corrupt (changed) file that it laid down and it attempt a sef-heal. Also check to see if you are installing key files that are subject to editing through the end-user application, these will need to be set to normal files to prevent the healing process as you have described. Hope this helps...

MjH