This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Ikernel.ex_ marked as a virus

2 replies to this topic

Andy York

Andy York
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 17:28

I have a setup which gets placed into a self extracting exe using IS 6.3. When users try to run this exe it gets as far as extracting the ikernel.ex_ file before McAfee (VirusScan 4.5) kicks into life.

If I don't package it up the install works fine. It also works if I package it up myself using WinZip selfextracator. I suspect McAfee is at fault as it has only started happening since virus definitions were last updated a couple of days ago.

has anybody else come across problems like this?

Andy

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 17:42

Must be a fault in McAfee. Norton AntiVirus from Symantec had the same problem (see Q105740 - PRB: Norton Antivirus Identifies ikernel.exe as being infected by the W32.Nimda.enc(dr) Virus ).
Check with McAfee on this one, it may be a known fault.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 23:20

Which version of the McAfee DAT files are you using?
I was unable to reproduce this with my McAfee (4.0.3 but with the latest DAT and engine)
Can you crerate a small sample to reproduce this problem, and send the finished package (not the project files, just the self extracting exe that triggers McAfee) to skrueger@installsite.org