This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Display Icon Does Not Display Correctly

2 replies to this topic

vlmeyers

vlmeyers
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 23:00

The icon displayed in "Add/Remove Programs" is the default icon (a folder for Explorer.exe).  This occurs despite the fact that the ARPPRODUCTION property is set to the preferred icon in the Icon Table of the MSI file.  There is a Microsoft Technet article about this Q258558.  In the tech article, they say the solution is to set the ALLUSERS property to 1, but this does not work on a per user installation.  Is this a bug?  Is there a solution?  Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks..

vlmeyers

vlmeyers
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 19:51

I need to add a  few comments.  I am using Install Shield 2.03.  I misspelled the property, the property I am referring to is the ARPPRODUCTICON in Propery Manager.  If you do a per machine distribution through Active Directory, the icon shows up okay.  If you do a per user distribution through Active Directory, the icon is a folder.  If you leave the "Display Icon" and the ARPPRODUCTICON blank, then you get a default computer icon, by per user or per machine distribution through Active Directory.  But again the question is, Is there a way to get the application icon using a per user distribution through Active Directory.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 January 2002 - 22:18

Microsoft accepted this as a bug in the Windows Installer engine or the Add/Remove control panel. Documented here in the Bugs Bulletin for MSI engine.