This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

multiple acad.exe files

2 replies to this topic

giugio

giugio
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:32

Hy.
I must create a msi that find all the occurrence of acad.exe files in a lot of directories.
Previously i use the find file in the vs 2003 setupproject for msi but now i must find all the acad.exe in the drives.
How i retrieve all the acad.exe files?
thanks

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:35

If it was me, I'd be doing this in VB Script, called as a Custom Action. There are many, many examples on the Web which will do recursive searching through folders.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 17:24

Add a row to the AppSearch, Signature, and DrLocator tables. In DrLocator, leave the Parent column blank. This will search all local drives. Note that this can take extremely long. Note that the search will stop when it finds the first occurance of the file. If you need to find multiple copies, you need to use a custom action.