This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error "insert disk1 that contains data2.cab"

7 replies to this topic

swapna

swapna
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 15:28

when i try to reinstall an installation form add/remove programs , i am getting the warning "insert disk1 that contains the file data2.cab". I dont have such a file on my machine. what should i do? The install is recently migrated from IS 6.3 to ISX.

Regards,
Swapna

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:25

Are you installing from a self extracting exe? In this case you should permanently cache the extracted files.

swapna

swapna
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:05

Hi,
I am using a self extracting exe. Could you please elaborate on "permanently caching the extracted files". I am using IS X.
Is it related to any command line arguments in the relase wizard?

Thanks,
Swapna

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 14:54

In release wizard there's a panel "cache installation on local machine", see screenshot.

Attached Images

• releasewizard.gif

swapna

swapna
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:44

Thanks for the screenshot. But i couldn't find the window in IS X release wizard. please let me know if the window you have specified is present in IS X release wizard, or is it something different?

Edited by swapna, 01 August 2005 - 07:18.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 13:53

Apologies, that screenshot only applies to MSI projects.
I don't know (don't recall) if something similar is possible for InstallScript projects. If nothing else helps you would need to use a third party tool (like WinZIP) to create your self extractor.

swapna

swapna
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 14:55

Hi,

The probem I am facing is that data2.cab is not copied to the C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\ .... (DISK1TARGET) folder during the install. To resolve the issue,code is added to IS script file to copy data2.cab from SRCDIR to DISK1TARGET. It was working fine for IS 6.3 . But after i migrated the project to IS X, I could see that data2.cab is no longer prsent in SRCDIR ! So, i am not able to copy that. Is this a known issue in IS X ? Please tell me how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Swapna

Edited by swapna, 18 August 2005 - 14:57.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:20

I could see that data2.cab is no longer prsent in SRCDIR

Where is data2.cab then?
Or maybe in the version the naming and/or numbering of the cab files has changed?