This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Preparing for Patch

1 reply to this topic

yiannis

yiannis
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 23:42

I am trying to follow what says in the Installshield Developer 7.03 manual regarding the patches and when I follow the release wizard althought I have checked the uncompressed files both old and new confoguration I cannot check or uncheck the "Create installation launcher".
Is this a problem with installshield?

When I create the patch even without the above mentioned option checked by default when I run it on the target machine I get the patch to run till the end without doing any changes to the first installed product.

I also tried this same thing to another project and I get error without being able to install the patch.

Can anybody help me out with this problem?

PS. I have created a second product configuration to the original setup project through the InstallShield environment and I have changed the product code and rest things that I am supposed to.
Yiannis Patrikiadis[br]yiannis@arion.gr[br]

ZaForic

ZaForic
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 17:41

This is a know issue with developer. Goto http://support.installshield.com/kb and search for it. They will give you a workaround for the problem.