This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

FeatureSelectItem does not disable feature

3 replies to this topic

rahmed

rahmed
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 20:20

Hi, I have an InstallScript MSI project and am trying to disable some features by using FeatureSelectItem(). It works for some of the features but there are some features that always remain enabled. Can some one tell me what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:37

I believe that a parent feature will stay selected as long as any of its child features is selected.

PMauger

PMauger
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 15:11

Hi Stefan,

I've been getting confused by this one... I've got a feature to install the 'server' for my client-server application. Part of this installation involves populating an MSDE database instance with certain subsets of data using the SQL Scripts view (essentially I want to be able to put in data packs for different client needs) so I've added a sub-feature for Data X under my server feature and added the necessary script to this sub-feature. In the future I intend to have more sub-features but for now I only have one.

When the user sees the select features tree dialog and they select the Server feature the sub-feature is automatically selected. It's possible that my client may not want to install the data pack (but will of course need to install the server feature) so do you have any idea what's going on??? I can actually configure a minimum/typical install to only install Server (and not Data X) but the user can't do this... huh.gif

I get more perplexed by Installshield the more I use it...

Peter Mauger

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 17:54

De-selecting a sub feature should be possible in general. However this may require at least 2 sub features. You could try adding an invisible feature that is sibling to your Data X feature.