This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change The Uninstall Icon in Windows

4 replies to this topic

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 23:26

Hello,

I am playing with changing the Uninstall Icon that shows up in Add/Remove Programs.  I am using the following command to do this.
RegDBSetKeyValueEx("\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\PRODUCT_GUID", "DisplayIcon", REGDB_STRING, TARGETDIR ^ "CustomRadioPlayer.exe", -1);
I think this will work as long as I only want the default embedded icon to display.  How can I select which of the embedded icons I want to display for this?  I know the AddFolderIcon function can use the ordinal number of the icon to access it.  Is there a way to use that functionality here as well?

Currently I have 4 icons in my .exe and depending on a condition any one of the 4 will be installed for my shortcut icons.  I would like the Add/Remove Programs icon to match the shortcut icons if possible.  I am using only embedded icons because we also need the icon in the taskbar to match while the program is running.  Does anyone know how to use alternate embedded icons for this?

I have thought about using .ico files, but I would have to do some major reprogramming of my setup and create many file groups and components for each icon.  I want to steer clear of that idea if possible.

Thanks,
Robbie
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 08:23

I'm not sure, but "CustomRadioPlayer.exe,1" etc. might work - have you tried it?

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 15:36

Thanks for the reply.  Do you mean something like this command:

RegDBSetKeyValueEx("\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\PRODUCT_GUID", "DisplayIcon", REGDB_STRING, TARGETDIR ^ "CustomRadioPlayer.exe",4, -1);

To get the 4th icon in the .exe?

Why can't it be as simple as AddFolderIcon?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 17:15

This is Windows functionality and NOT IS functionality, so Stefan wasn't sure.

Why don't you just try both though and see if either work.  You could also look at all the other uninstall entries on your box, & others if necessary, and see if someone else is trying to get this same functionality.
user posted image

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 23:25

This worked.  Thanks you guys...

RegDBSetKeyValueEx("\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall\\" + PRODUCT_GUID + "\\", "DisplayIcon", REGDB_STRING, TARGETDIR ^ "Player.exe," + szIconString , -1);

where szIconString is the ordinal number of my icon within the executable.