This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installer and MyDocuments folder

2 replies to this topic

Artem

Artem
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:43

Is there any ability to install files to MyDocuments folder for each user on PC using only MSI installer.

rmatheson

rmatheson
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:11

You can set the install path for your components to [PersonalFolder] to install to the current user's My documents folder.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:42

Note, however, if you're using Wise package Studio, that it can become 'confused' occasionally about where the user profile folders (including 'All Users') actually is.

At all the clients I've worked at which use WPS, I've added the Custom Actions which appear in all InstallShield MSIs - SetAllUsersProfile2K, SetAllUsersProfileNT and SetUserProfileNT - to WPS's 'Windows Application' template. Here's how they appear in the tables (you'll need to edit the sequence numbers in InstallExecuteSequence themselves, obviously...)

CustomAction
CODE
"SetAllUsersProfile2K","51","ALLUSERSPROFILE","[%ALLUSERSPROFILE]\"
"SetAllUsersProfileNT","51","ALLUSERSPROFILE","[%SystemRoot]\Profiles\All Users\"
"SetUserProfileNT","51","USERPROFILE","[%USERPROFILE]\"

InstallExecuteSequence
CODE
"SetAllUsersProfile2K","VersionNT >= 500","675"
"SetAllUsersProfileNT","VersionNT = 400","650"
"SetUserProfileNT","VersionNT","625"

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.