This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

LaunchAppAndWait does not work

3 replies to this topic

Raymond

Raymond
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 15:40

Hi,

I am using InstallShield Pro6 and I am trying to make a call in the script to Launch the ".msi" Windows installer program witihin my installation.

However, the LaunchAppAndWait call does not work and it does not run the ".msi" file. If I run the "msi" program in command prompt, it works ok and brings up the windows etc.etc. Anything I missed?

Thanks in advance.

KA5

KA5
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 17:45

I suppose that LaunchAppAndWait uses one of Win32 API functions, maybe CreateProcess.
And when You "run .msi file from command line" (e.g. when You double click it in the explorer), ShellExecute is invoked.
So if You want to execute .msi file from within InstallShield, You may start msiexec.exe with help LaunchAppAndWait and pass the path to Your .msi file as a command line parameter to it.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 23:22

Welcome KA5.  That's pretty good for a first post, and a reply at that.  Glad to have you on board with us.
user posted image

probsar

probsar
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 13:27

Other alternative use:

LaunchAppAndWait ("cmd", " \/c MSIPATH\\*.msi ", WAIT);