This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.NET COM interop - error 6210

7 replies to this topic

tfojvdl

tfojvdl
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 16:03

Hello,
I´m using InstallShield Professional 12 and try to register some .NET assemplies durng installation.

When I understand it right, I need to set the ".NET COM interop" Property for a component to YES, when I want to register a .NET assembly inside this component.

I did that with one of my main components, but during build time I get the following error:

Building COM .NET Interop information for components
RegAsm : error RA0000 : Could not load file or assembly 'filename, Version=5.3.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
ISDEV : error -6210: An error occurred building COM .NET Interop information for Component Main

But I´m sure that all dependent files are part of the component. So it must be anything else wrong.

Any idea?
Thanks
Jürgen

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 18:34

I think the dependencies must also be installed on your machine, so that the assembly can be registered during the build.

tfojvdl

tfojvdl
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 18:51

Thanks for your quick reply.

Does that mean I have to do the following when I want to register a .net assembly during Installation of my product:

1.) I have to create a component containing my .NET assembly. E.g. assembly1.dll.
2.) In the component properties I have to set the ".NET COM interop" Property to 'yes'
3.) I have to copy all dlls my assembly1.dll is dependend on, into the same folder
4.) I have to create the build.

When doing that Installshield will create a assembly1.reg file that will become part of my setup and will be imported to the destination computer during installation?

Am I right?
Best regards
Jürgen

P.S.: Ich war letzten Monat in Santa Clara auf einem Macrovision-Kurs und der Trainer hat sehr lobend über installsite gesprochen.... Lob wem Lob gebührt :-)

Edited by tfojvdl, 22 March 2007 - 13:23.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 17:40

I think InstallShield needs to be able to COM register the file on the build machine in order to capture the COM information. This information will be added to the approrpiate tables (ClasID, Registry, ...)
Lob wem Lob gebührt :-)

Danke smile.gif Die Kurse gibt's übrigens auch in Deutschland, man muss dazu nicht unbedingt nach Santa Clara fliegen.

eseilram

eseilram
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:47

Hello,
I have a similar problem:
I have an a Basic-MSI-Project which installs .net assemblies for Com-Interort and a managed c++ dll.
It was build with visual Studio 2008 and .net 2

Know we migrated all our solution to VS 2010 and .Net 4.

But I can't build the installation, I always get:

COM .NET Interop-Informationen für Komponenten werden erstellt
RegAsm : error RA0000 : "T:\src\dotnet\com2net\bin\Release\Com2net.dll" konnte nicht geladen werden, da es sich nicht um eine gltige .NET-Assembly handelt.
ISDEV : error -6210: Beim Erstellen von COM .NET Interop-Informationen für die Komponente Com2Net ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.

But if I use regasm (from .Net4) it works fine.

What's the problem?
I'm using InstallShield 2009.

Any help is very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 21:25

When you move to a newer version of the .NET Framework please make sure that in InstallShield under Tools > Options > .NET tab you point to the correct versions and locations of RegAsm and InstallUtil.

eseilram

eseilram
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:16

Thanks Stefan,

I found that tab last week and changed the version.

And from now on, if I have to make updates for other install packages, I always have to change the tab... I think, that's no good solution.
It should be a property of the component.

And I found "-t" parameter for the standalone build, why isn't it possible to handle it in the GUI in an similar way?

But I'm really glad, I got an answer!

Regards,
eseilram

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 16:45

Hi tfojvdl,

I presume that .net assemblies, first we need to copy to GAC while installation and needs to try register that. Have you tried moving files to GAC while installation?

Regards,
VenkateswarRao Panchumarthi