This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MAINTENANCE variable not correctly set

1 reply to this topic

shino

shino
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 18:14

Hi,
I have a problem with a project which is migrated from "IS 6.3" to "IS 7.1" and finally to "IS 11.5". The problem seems to be that now my installer enters a fresh install when no Administrator rights are present. If i am logged on as an administrator then i am able to succesfully upgrade from the previous version. But i am logged on as "Power User" for example then the installer enters fresh upgrade, even if the GUID is the same, and the project is set to "Standart" (not Multi-instance) type mode.

This is strange because the previous projects (i mean IS 6.3) do not show the same behaviour, it enters the maintenance mode normally.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong during this migration. And how exactly is the MAINTENANCE variable set. Probably Macrovision added an additional check which the "Power User" guy could not do and is set to FALSE as a result.

tnx in advance
shino

shino

shino
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 18:45

I found the problem , it was just because my "Power User" guy hasn't enough rights for
"Porgram Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{GUID}" directory.

But this is odd anyway, the installer should should quit instead of starting a brand new fresh install.