This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Comparison with Install Shield

2 replies to this topic

rahuld

rahuld
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:08

Hi,

We have prepared Installer using Install Shield X (Installer Script Prpject) for Windows and its working fine. Now we have to prepare it for Mac OS. So we have suggested two options to our client:
1. Installer Vise / Vise X
2. Installshield.

So if we go with Installer Vise option we have to keep two installers license i.e. For Windows, Install Shield and for Mac Installer Vise/ Vise x. So what I am thinking to shift the installer of Windows from Install Shield to Vise Installer/ Vise X.

So can you please suggest if this is a good move or not. Or What are advantages/disadvanatges of doing so. Or we should keep two license with us.

If we get the comparison of Install Shield Vs Installer Vise it would be great.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Rahul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:22

I'm not familiar with Installer Vise, but why don't you use InstallShield to create both installers? InstallShield X does support Mac OS X (in the Universal project type)

rahuld

rahuld
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:25

Yes, we thought of the same option before but we found it more complicated. Also
the installable created using it is very heavy (size of installer is large and it takes longer time to install). Also specifically for Mac its complicated to customize it as per our needs.

So we have decided to go for Installer Vise/ Vise X.

Thanks,
Rahul