This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MsiGetProperty do not work correctly?

3 replies to this topic

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 13:45

Hi all,

I have a CA of type 1. In this CA I try to get COMPANYNAME property by using API function MsiGetProperty. All work correct with the one exception when COMPANYNAME is set to be blank. In that case MsiGetProperty returns the default Windows value for COMPANINAME instead. The function return code is ERROR_SUCCESS but the result is not correct according to me. Please advice me how to catch this case or to get the correct value - I need this because OEM distributions.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 20:41

How/Where do you set COMPANYNAME to a blank character (not an empty or null string)? Are you sure it works?
From MSI Help:
If the COMPANYNAME property is not set, the installer sets it automatically using values from the registry.

pux

pux
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:04

There are 2 ways:
1. Via User Info Dialog - Organization field (that is bound to COMPANYNAME property) can be set blank.
2. Via command line e.g. msiexec /i TEST.MSI /q USERNAME="User1" COMPANYNAME=""
Just to note - in my question I saied blank but I mean empty string

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:29

I guess that it treats an empty string like a non-set property and therefore uses the default value. Setting the property to a blank character " " should avoid this.

You can set the NOCOMPANYNAME property to suppress the automatic setting of COMPANYNAME.