This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Setup and INSTALLDIR

1 reply to this topic

JoeThompson

JoeThompson
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 15:54

I would like the user to be able to choose "Complete" or "Custom" installation.  I would also like them to be able to modify the "base" installation directory.  So I put a DestinationFolder right after the CustomerInformation dialog in the UI sequence.  The problem is that in the custom setup, I don't want the user to be able to choose different destinations for each feature.  Should I just disable or remove the "Change..." button?  What other options do I have?

Thank you,
Joe

ringoSF

ringoSF
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2001 - 01:02

user will not be able to install features in different location if you set the Destination for each component to be "[INSTALLDIR]\you file location", change "INSTALLDIR" will change the install location for all features. Note, you need to use custom action to change the default installtion path(use api MsiSetTargetPath() to do it).  hope this helps