This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New Windows Installer book released

2 replies to this topic

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 19:33

InstallShield® Software Corporation today published "Practical Windows Installer Solutions for Building InstallShield Setup Applications", a new book that provides expert techniques for creating reliable, customized software installations.

Creating Windows Installer installations can be extremely challenging. Written by Windows Installer expert Bob Baker, Practical Windows Installer Solutions for Building InstallShield Setup Applications provides a real-world guide to help developers overcome many obstacles that can crop up during installation authoring and application deployment. Baker not only guides readers through the installation process using InstallShield DevStudio, but also gives in-depth explanations of upgrades and patching, custom actions, installing device drivers, handling locked-down environments, and much more.

Press Release
Order in the InstallSite Shop

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:05

Stefan, do you happen to know if it is possible to get Installshield books in PDF form or on CD-ROM?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:21

No I don't think that's possible (except for the German version of Baker's "Getting Started with Developer" book which is only available as pdf).

Maybe the book content is included as PDF on the CD that comes with the book, but I don't know, as I don't have one yet. I should be able to tell you tomorrow or on Monday.