This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Unable to Un-Install

3 replies to this topic

CraigSander

CraigSander
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2002 - 21:06

I have created an install script which works fine, however there were errors in the locations shortcuts were placed. So I tried to un-install from the same Setup.exe but a message pops up saying a previous version of this program is already installed, use Add/Remove Program Files.

So I try using Add Remove program files but I get the same error. This has happened across 2 test PC's so far. Why can't I un-install from the same package. The GUIDS didn't change because it is the same EXE.

Some details that may help:

InstallShield Developer 7.02 is running on a WinNT4, SP6 PC, with NT Option Pack.

Test install PC's are the same WinNT4, SP6 PC, with NT Option Pack.

Install package has 2 EXE's, 4 custom DLL's, along with a few other Windows DLL's. Of the custome DLL's 2 of them are MTS objects, and 1 of the EXE's has registry settings.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Rayhawk

Rayhawk
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2002 - 03:57

You can try to flush the MSI cache and insert a new install.

Run from the command-line:

MSIExec.exe /fv "<path-to-new-MSI>"

After windows installed kicks off and stops [proabably with an error], rerun the new-setup and it should put down the new one [though, the old one will not be fully uninstalled].

shouzama

shouzama
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 08:02

I'm having the same problem listed by Craig...
I get the un-install error also on Win98 and Win2k, and I haven't found a solution so far.

Since the method exposed by RayHawk may work fine (I haven't tried it yet), it's not convenient for the end user to manually write a command line simply to uninstall our product... ???

Anyone has suggestion / encountered the same problem?

Thanks anyone

shouzama

shouzama
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:42

I casually managed to solve the problem  :)
In Product Properties you should have a unique Product Code, wich should be the same of the Upgrade Code (methinks). Well, simply Copy-Paste the code in Summary Information Stream -> Package Code.

It seems that Setup.exe looks for THIS code, and if it's absent ({Insert Package Code GUID here} or something similar) it gives this error.

Now I got another problem... It seems that the uninstall does not delete the folder in which the program has been copied... :(