This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Removing an Application

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 21:56

Just a quick question, I hope.  Lets say my application is to initially install file A.  Through testing I realize this is incorrect so I fix the project to install file B instead.

Prior to testing this new build, I remove the previous version through either Add/Remove Programs or InstallShield process remove.   When I install the corrected application, it still places file A.

If I restore the machine to a 'clean' state (prior to the initial load) via a ghost image, the second build now installs file B properly.

Why does this occur?  I might add that when I corrected the build, I did not change any codes.  Should I?  Prior to ghosting, was the original .msi still in cache memory?  Should I have rebooted following remove of the initial install?  I hope you can help and I hope this example is clear.

This is not a major thing right now, but it sure made me pull some hair in testing some installs I've developed.

As always, THANKS!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 08:28

You should always generate a new package code when you rebuild the msi file.