This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA type 50 not working

4 replies to this topic

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 September 2001 - 22:02

I am running a type 50 Custom action to launch an .exe stored in the property table......the Property value that I entered into the Property Manager points directly to my .exe.  I have inserted this CA in the Installation UI sequence, right before "ExecuteAction".  When I run my .msi I get the error 2743, and the error dialog shows the correct path to my file including filename.  I tried running the .exe by double-clicking on it, so I know that it's not a dependencies problem.

I wonder, am I allowed to run type 50 CA's in the UI sequence?

kris

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 15:21

I notice that in the forums when people give examples of Type 50 CA's they always say to create a CA to set the Property inserted into the sequence just before the Type 50 CA........I actually set my Property right in the Property table, to point to the .exe, which I thought would give the same results.....but do you think it makes a difference whether you set it in the Property Table or whether you set it through a CA to set the property?  Why would this make a difference if so, they both do the same thing!  (?)

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 14:31

I used a CA to set the property right before I call my CA to launch an .exe stored in the property table and it works!  So, it must have something to do with the fact that I am now setting the Property at run time.  

All set!!  

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 16:43

Out of curiosity: what did you enter in the property table that didn't work?