This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Add/Remove hangs

1 reply to this topic

frobisher

frobisher
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:31

There is a known issue (Document ID: Q110774) where the Add/Remove Programs applet hangs during uninstall if you launched an application during setup (typically via LaunchAppAndWait), even with the LAAW_OPTION_NOWAIT option. This is because the ARP applet waits until the setup process that it launches and any other child processes complete. The suggested solution if you have to use LAAW_OPTION_NOWAIT is to create a wrapper executable that would just launch the application then exit. I cannot get this to work. Has anyone else come across this issue? Could you send sample code for the exe wrapper? I've used CreateProcess and ShellExecute, but to no avail. I guess IS still considers everything to be a child process.

MinKeng

MinKeng
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:34

I encountered the same problem in DevStudio too, and the suggested solution is not working for me either.

Does anyone have any workaround solution to this?