This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch Design problem

5 replies to this topic

p13

p13
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 21:10

I'm using Installshield 2009 and I'm trying to use Patch Design to create a patch.

When I provide a MSI for the "Latest" version I get a "Windows Installer Error 2209...MsiViewModify()" error message box.

The "latest" msi installs without issue.

Any ideas what is causing this error when I'm trying to load in the msi for a patch?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:26

You get this error in the IDE when you try to specify the "latest" version? Or when you build the patch? Or when you try to install the patch?
Did you perform patch und update validation?

p13

p13
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 15:51

This error is happening before I can even generate the patch.

I get the error immediately after clicking OK when browsing for the MSI in the UI.

If I use an install with a compressed cab it will extract the install to a location and then pop up the error.

I think the error only occurs when I include a specific component. That component contains some sample files which are picked up dynamically. However, that component has not changed since the original. When I load in the original msi for the "Previous" install I do not get any errors.

p13

p13
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 20:41

Update:

It looks like the error dialog only shows up when I load the msi for "Latest".

When I load my original msi or even my new updated msi into "Previous" I do not see an error message.

santhosh.yalamuri

santhosh.yalamuri
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:37

I am facing the same problem, can anybody let me know the solution.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 23:10

I have little experience with patching in Installshield, but the first thing I do when creating a patch in other tools is to make sure I perform an admin install of both or all setups, and then try that they upgrade correctly in their normal form. Only then do I proceed to try and create a proper patch.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul