This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Use of installed app causes 'old' installer to run

1 reply to this topic

BriBri

BriBri
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 20:18

relative newbe...I've created an installer for my app. at one point, while testing, I realized that not all dependencies where included. So I uninstalled(ran REMOVE from add/remove programs, and verified everything was removed including my setuyp.exe), fixed my installer to include all the needed merge modules. Then I went back to the same test machine, and installed.

when using the app, and navigating to certain screens of my app that use functionality from the included merge modules, suddenly an installer screen pops up and it starts to run the old installer!!! I know it is the old installer because of the installer window titles.

I can't seem to remedy this. I've cleaned up everything from the previous installer.
it seems to be somehting with the way Installshield logs things on the PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

FYI, my newest installer works perfect on 'fresh' machines...its the machines that i tested on before that have the problem.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 18:11

Have you changed the PackageCode? You should do this every time you rebuild your setup. There a setting in the release configuration that tells InstallShield to automatically generate a PackageCode for you.