This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

FileinUse dialog Box

2 replies to this topic

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 13:40

Hi all
I have just installed IS12. Previously i was using IS7.

when i run my setup which is created by IS7 with internet explorer open(i had opened msn.com), in the middle of installation fileinuse dialogbox pops up and says The following applications are using files that need to be updated by setup. Close these applications and click retry to continue.. And in the window it shows msn-MicroSoft Internet Explorer

I am not updating or using any of Internet explorer. Why this dialog box appears first place when i am not updating any of these.

Is it a known behaviour. If so it happens only in some machines and i absolutely never encountered this scenario..

Please tell me what might be the reason??

I have attached the dialog box

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 13:15

Still i am not able to find out the reason why the fileinuse dialog box pops when i have opened internet explorer(any site)

i read in the forum that we can delete the dialog box from dialogs or remove it from DirectEditor dialogs but i read stephans reply saying it will give error.

i really dont know whats happening..

can some body guide me what might be the issue.

thanks
sarfu

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 17:12

Your setup is trying to update any file (maybe a system file) that IE has in use. Try generating a verbose log, it might tell you which file is causing this.