This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Can't launch .exe with command line parameters

5 replies to this topic

Paul Mahovsky

Paul Mahovsky
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 12:26

I know it’s simple problem… I create CA – Launch exe form Installed Files (I need to execute php.exe build.php where “build.php” is command line parameter, After Install Files), but I see that only php.exe executes without any parameters. All files are located in [INSTALLDIR]bin.
Also I tried to write command line how “[INSTALLDIR]bin\build.php” – no results. Where is my mistake?

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 14:21

usually such a problem results from using the wrong 'type' for the custom action.  

make sure the ca type you have selected allows for the launching of an .exe and parameter passing...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 14:21

What are you wrtining in the Source and target fields of the CA?

Paul Mahovsky

Paul Mahovsky
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 12:02

Ok
Step by step

Create CA from Wizard.
Name - php
Type - Launch an executable
Location - Installed with the product
Source - php.exe (from AllOthersFiles component)
Target - "[INSTALLDIR]bin\build.php"
Wait for action....
Ignore ...
Deferred execution...
Finish
then - After Install Files
That's all. I really don't have any ideas.

And I have second question. I need to install Apache as service (after changing http.conf by "php.exe buildconf.php") under user account that NOW r logging into system. Ok, I know [LogonUser], but I had to know his password to run service. How I can start service in that case?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 15:16

I don't see anything obvioulsly wrong. Does the log file reveal anything?

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 17:20

the various options for launching custom actions are specified by indicating the type of custom action to launch.  

to my limited knowledge, to launch an executable you only have the options to select types: 2; 18; 34; and 50 ( other 'flag types' for such things as security are additional numbers added to these 'base types' ), there might be more but these are the ones i work with...

Type  2: Launchs an EXE stored in the binary table
Type 18: Launchs an EXE installed by the product
Type 34: Launchs an EXE ( accepts opt. cmd line string !;)
Type 50: Launchs an EXE identified by a property

without using the wizard what type are you using ?

when using the wizard i think what you want to do is select a 'location' of 'STORED IN THE DIRECTORY TABLE'.  this should give you the desired final type of 34....  remember to populate the required tables as indicated in the help...