This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Combining different installs (e.g. MSDE with my app)

1 reply to this topic

markageo

markageo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 10:33

I am a novice user of InstallShield (Prof 6.2), and I want to keep it this way.

I have built an application and now I have finished a simple installation using installshield 6.2, that shows the user the License and then installs the application in a standard directory.

My application is using an SQL Server d/b, so I have to install the MSDE (what I want to do is run the SETUP.EXE in the MSDE directory), which relatively is the ../MSDE/SETUP.EXE file.

Could you answer this question for me please, and if you have time, just to let me know how I can deploy/attach my d/b from a backup set (or something else). So, after the MSDE is installed, and after all my files are installed, do the following:

1. Start the SQL Server agent
2. Install my d/b locally
3. Create an SQL login for that d/b

Thanks for your time
Georgios Markatatos
g.markatatos@elyros.com

ravikvp

ravikvp
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 23:54

HI!!!

I am writing this one based on MSDE 2000 from SQL Server 2000 installation CD.

1) Starting the SQL Server

After MSDE installation, if you reboot the computer, the services will be automatically started. Otherwise if you want to start the services programatically, use SQLDMO object's Start method.

2) Installing ur DB locally and Creating users

Refer to the functions in SQLDMO object. That contain all the functions to create ur own DB and users.

If you want to login with your own user id and password, you have to add 2 lines in the setup.ini file. This file is the one which is available in the directory where setup.exe resides.

under [OPTIONS] add the 2 lines
USEDEFAULTSAPWD
SECURITYMODE=SQL

USEDEFAULTSAPWD --> to use sq without any password

SECURITYMODE=SQL --> For Mixed mode authentication

For more information about this refer to SQL Server Books Online and also read Readme.txt in the MSDE directory

If you need any other information, please let me know

Ravi
ravi_ramasamy@yahoo.com