This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files not delete while uninstallation

1 reply to this topic

SwatiBansal

SwatiBansal
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 06:46

Hi,
I have a Basic MSI Project. There is a Installscript function to copy files over the network location. The Project initially donot contain any files. All the files are copied to the target location when the custom action is called for this particualr function.

Everything is working fine but the problem is that when the product is uninstalled, all these files are not deleted. I wrote a function to delete the INSTALLDIR directory and called it on uninstallation but even that donot delete the files because the directory is not empty and thus DeleteDir doesnot work.

How can this be achieved that whatever I am doing through custom actions that should be uninstalled too when the product is uninstalled.

Thanx for all the help.

Swati

technojewel

technojewel
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:40

I am not sure if this is possible, but can you write a script which deletes *.* from INSTALLDIR?? And then later on delete INSTALLDIR?

Also, Is there any file (like log file or so) which is being created inside the INSTALLDIR after the installed program is Run?

Sorry for not providing the exact answer but just thought of giving some idea (since I am a complete novice in Installshield) which might help u.