This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Radiobutton

6 replies to this topic

Lex_from_Belarus

Lex_from_Belarus
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 23:43

Hello! Can anyone help me with my task?
I have:

1. InstallSheld 2010 Premier Edition.

Feature 1

• Feature 1-1
  • Feature 1-2
  • Feature 1-3

Feature 2

• Feature 2-1
  • Feature 2-2
  • Feature 2-3

Feature 45

• Feature 45-1
  • Feature 45-2
  • Feature 45-3

I need to create installer wherein Features could be selected only one (RadioButton). I don't find how to do it. Hepl me please.

Edited by Lex_from_Belarus, 06 June 2013 - 23:45.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:58

You could create a dialog with radio buttons - or probably more useful: a list box - and then use control events AddLocal and Remove on the "Next" button to select/unselect features appropriately.

Lex_from_Belarus

Lex_from_Belarus
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:07

Too many Features! 

Can do such a thing default dialog window for selecting the components?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:18

I'm not sure if a tree with 45 top level nodes, each with 3 sub-nodes, would be much better than a 135 item list box or combo box, but no, the FeatureTree control can't do this. In theory, you could use the feature tree and then check if only one feature was selected and display an error message if more than one was selected, but that's not a good user experience.

Why do you need to have so many user selectable features in the first place? Maybe it can be done in some other way?

Lex_from_Belarus

Lex_from_Belarus
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 13:02

It's a mods for game and contain many the same files.

Now I using INNO SETUP, it have function Rdiobutton in standart dialog selecting components, there it's very easy. But I need Install/Uninstall componets without full uninstall. INNO SETUP no function reinstall components without full uninstall and I solve to try INSTALLSHIELD because it have function reinstall without full uninstall components. But I disappointed when I looked that the Big Installation Tool no have suchlike small and simple function as RadioButton on standart dialog. 

Before INNO SETUP i used NSIS it too no have function RadioButton on standart dialog and i go to INNO SETUP.

Now I do not know what to do me :(

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:02

Windows Installer does support Radio Buttons, but not a tree view or scrolling list of radio buttons.

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 18:59

Is there a way to use a list box to first select from your 45 top-level features then populate a 2nd list box with the 3 sub features?

By definition, a list box only allows a single selection to be made from each control.  I assume this is what you want/need.

The tricky part will be populating the 2nd control.  You could try doing this in a custom action but I do not know of any ways to get data from the UI itself.  It would require some research but it could be doable.  I would voice the same concern/question as others.  Why do you have so many features to begin with?